
"Mother, who willingly made that personal journey into the valley of the shadow of death to give us birth, deserves our undying gratitude. One writer summed up our love for mother when he declared, “God could not be everywhere, and so He gave us mothers.”
--President Thomas S. Monson
Moms really are awesome. It is hard for me to talk about them without tearing up. They work hard to raise us, keep us healthy and smack us around when we need it. Most moms work outside of the home these days on top of all of that.
My mom can do anything. She made us outfits growing up, blankets, birthday cakes, dinners. I was thinking the other day about cub scouts. When I was in cub scouts my mom was the leader and we made so much cool stuff.
The other day Presley and I were getting all out temple stuffs together and I needed some pants hemmed. Well my mom had begun tossing her salad in the bathroom and really not doing well but she was able to measure a pant leg before she had to run back to the bathroom and when I woke up the next morning my pants were hemmed.
Who wants to do that? A mom a guess. My mother in law is a pretty awesome lady too. Even though it wasn't possible for them to participate fully in our sealing they made sure that they were at the temple afterwords to greet us and if that was not enough she put together a huge feast for the 30 or so family that were there with us.
I have really enjoyed getting hitched and becoming a part of a new family. I laugh when I see this picture of me kissing my mom. How awkward. The Kofoed's don't jump out and start kissing each other when we are saying goodbye, you're lucky if you get a hug. My inlaws are all about kissing each other right on the lips. I still have a hard time with it. I remember the first time I was together with the whole family and everyone started saying goodbye and giving kisses, I was in shock. It was bad enough the shy guy that I am had to talk to these people now I have to give kisses? I made it out okay.
This week after mothers day festivities I gave great grandma a kiss and then freaked out and just ended up patting grandma green on the shoulder. HaHa I avoided the hug because I feared the kiss.
Moral of the story is I am awkward and have a lot of growing up to do and mothers need more than just a forced thanks on mothers day.
Don't worry Gar, your not the only only to struggle with the kisses...but Dan is 9 1/2 years in and going strong :)
ReplyDeletehaha oh gare you are cute :]] I think it is weird your family doesn't kiss :-p
ReplyDelete