Astra,
I miss you like crazy! But I am at peace knowing that you are in a better place, breathing easy, dancing, and laughing without having to stop to catch you breath. I am so lucky to have gotten to know over the past. . . I dont even know 10+ years. We met in I think 4th or 5th grade at good ol' STARS :]] We were so little :]] We became instant friends, I remember learning about your CF from the beginning and the "hospy" visits started then. Oh man we had some good times, I remember this one visit (you were able to leave your room then) we went to the little play room and made "IV dolls" and then we spent the rest of the time roaming the hospital hiding form your doctors and nurses haha! We had lots of sleep overs back then too, long days of dancing in your moms studio, playing polly pockets and SIMS! Remember when we would lock the SIMS up and make them do "inappropriate things?" Oh man we were silly! Remember our St. George trip with STARS? You broke your foot but still came along for the fun. To this day Mandarin Orange Bath and Body instantly reminds me of you, because when we were on this trip you would rub it on your broken foot because it was so stinky from being in the boot all day haha! I remember we pushed the twin beds together so we could be closer and instead of the Disney Channel all night long we just put Bring It On on repeat. Yes, I know every line by heart, because of you. We had the best times! I was so happy when you made drill Stra! I remember taking you under my wing, I felt protective of you, almost like you were my little sister. Turns out I wasn't that good of an influence, remember getting kicked out of practice several times together? We would walk out with our heads hung low, and then burst into laughter once we were out in the hall, away from Morgans glare haha! I had the best times with you in high school. I am so glad we got to share so many memories together. You were always such an inspiration, working your hardest even if you were sick, or not feeling well. I think this is when I really learned how serious your disease was. There were more trips to the hospy, but we continued to make great memories there. Your AMAZING mom never failed with decorating your room. It was always so cheery. I remember coming up a couple times and watchin' the Bachelor together. And of course you always had quite the movie selection to choose from. I miss lugging up all my nail polish and painting you cute little "jelly bean" nails :]] Remember when we had your nurse, find us some IV dolls to make of old times sake? We kept shooting them up with our Coke and Dr. Pepper haha! I loved how positive you were, no matter what you were going through you had a smile and were assuring everyone that you were ok. More concerned for everyone else rather than you. You were always laughing. I love your laugh! I will never forget how it sounds and how contagious it is :]] I can't wait until I can hear it again. I know that I will see you again, we are all so lucky to have a beautiful angel watching over us all. Thank you for sharing your love for life with me, and everyone. You are missed by so many. This past month has been hard, I can't believe it has been a month already, a month of you laughing and dancing and breathing freely :]] Love you lots, Live.Love.Breathe. until we meet again.
xoxo, Pres

Pres - That was such an amazing tribute! Miss that crazy girl! Love you pres!
ReplyDelete