Hello! It has been a while since I have blogged. Thats because we have been super busy with school and work. However, we are both excited because we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, the semester is almost over! We both have turned in our major assignments and projects and just need to make it through finals week. Luckily I only have one "real" final, and Gare is feeling pretty confident about his. I am really enjoying the elementary education program at UVU. I finished up my "field experience" last month and had such a great experience. My cooperating teacher and my field partner were great to work with. I feel super lucky because when we got back to class I herd some horror stories about crazy cooperating teachers and terrible field partners. I got lucky, and the 5th grade class we got to teach was just chuck full of cute kiddos. After this experience I know that I am definitely on the right career path, I just love it :]] We were at the elementary school for a half day every day for the month of November. Our last day was right before the kids left for Thanksgiving break, so we had a feast/goodbye party for the student teachers. We ate "turkey stew", corn bread, apple juice, and dessert. The students got to choose three leaves from the table and write three things they were thankful for, it melted my heart that every student put "cool/awesome/nice/pretty student teachers" on one of their leaves :]]
 |
| The desks all set up for the feast. |
I also have finished a book series; Midnighters, and I loved them! They were a quick easy read and the story was really original unlike anything I have ever read before. I had crazy dreams while reading these books, where I was one of the Midnighters! Haha that must mean they are good right? Anyway they are written by Scott Westerfeld who also wrote the Uglies series, which I also loved, so I would definitely recommend them :]]
No comments:
Post a Comment