Nov 29, 2010

Turducken!

   We made TURDUCKEN!!!! (My mommy and I, Presley took some good pictures.)
  Turducken - a dish consisting of a de-boned chicken stuffed into a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed into a de-boned turkey.
Birds finishing defrosting.
IT WAS AWESOME! ...But it sucked to de-bone all those birdies. They were really cold and I (Garett) had to play around for awhile with them to figure out how to do it. The duck was the worse to do... I hacked that sucker up and there was not a lot of meat on the sucker. I now know why guys go out and shoot 5 of 6 of them out of the sky at a time, you might as well hunt for rats.


Hacking the duck.
They say that you can de-bone your turkey and it will cook faster and it will be much easier to carve up! After I got all the birds free from their skeletons I took this next picture of the pile of meat we had!

BAM! That's a pile of meat right?!
We padded our layers of bird with a layer of stuffing. Then we sewed it all up with some skewers.

"That looks so nasty." -Presley
 Well after 15 hours of cooking and being cut up in to small tantalizing bite size pieces even Presley loved the Turducken!

A bird with no bones = Real easy to cut up!

We kind of ended up with some visible layers.
I liked it too! I was worried that we would end up with a funky tasting pile of bird flesh and have a Thanksgiving lacking a lovely turkey bird BUT it was truly scrumptious. Next time we are going to have WHOLE STUFFED CAMEL!

Garett

No comments:

Post a Comment